I'm looking at a feature request for the extension...
# wiremock-java
d
I'm looking at a feature request for the extension which would require some configuration of the standalone version (https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock-state-extension/issues/101). This configuration should ideally happen during server start already. Are the
GlobalSettings
is the recommended way to do so. If yes: is there a way to pass
extended
properties via the command line?
o
CC @Tom for the official recommendation
d
@Tom any recommendation?
t
Currently you can’t get extended params via startup/CLI. I have a plan for this but haven’t got around to implementing it yet. Roughly, this would involve allowing extensions to specify extra startup parameters in their metadata and then be passed the values at runtime.
d
would it be an option for me to provide a PR?
t
Maybe. There are some other changes to the config system I wanted to make that I think this would depend on, so it depends how big a change you’re up for making.
d
As I haven't touched the core wiremock code yet my initial thought would be to do a minimal change to cover what you have planed as changes to parameter system. But I can also try to cover the prerequisites if you think this can be efficiently delegated
t
Let me give it a bit of thought. As I say, I have a rough idea how this should be done but there are some details I haven’t fully worked out.
👍 1
d
Just received another request that might benefit from this. Do you see a way that I can contribute?