Is WIREMOCK_OPTIONS an environment variable that W...
# help
p
Is WIREMOCK_OPTIONS an environment variable that Wiremock supports? I'm using a Docker image for running wiremock and don't see this var being passed to the Java process.
o
NO, it is not propagated in the Docker image. I it documented somewhere as one supported?
I see. This image actually supports passing variables https://hub.docker.com/r/holomekc/wiremock-gui
So, if this is needed, it would be nice to just add it to the official image.
p
It supports by documentation but not in reality. I think the most common use case is that a project specific Dockerfile is created that customizes startup parameters and adds in mapping files. For holomekc/wiremock-gui I had to override entrypoint.
Now I see that official image uses the same docker-entrypoint.sh so I could easily switch. Is the preferred way of passing in options such as --verbose and others to override the entrypoint or you have seen some other patterns?
o
I need to check the documentation, because I didn't see any occurrences when searching on the mobile browser. I would appreciate it if you could create a bug to the documentation repository, there is a button in the bottom that leads you to proper issue template
For the current image, I would also override de the entry point if I needed a quick fix. But it would be great to fix propagation to improve quality of life for end users
Wearing my user hat, in the future I want to have just a single configuration file in YAML/JSON that could be passed to configure the whole instance. For that I want to switch to EasyCLI first so that we don't have to invent the wheel and actually can extend the behavior
👍 1
p
Created a PR instead for the documentation change
o
Thanks!