hey folks, is the wiremock org in <dockerhub> affe...
# general
n
hey folks, is the wiremock org in dockerhub affected by this communication?
t
The WireMock images are under an individual account at the moment rather than an org, so if I’ve understood this correctly they shouldn’t be affected.
Whether we’ll start having issues building new image versions as a result of this remains to be seen…
n
fwiw I only know about this via a secondary source, I didn’t get this scary email. are there advantages to sticking to dockerhub vs migrating to github’s registry?
t
I suspect the main one is that the Docker tools pull from Hub by default whereas you have to do specific configuration to pull from other places. So a bit of extra friction.
n
ah true
o
Not really, nowadays it's really easy to pull from other locations like the GitHub container registry, you just at the prefix in
FROM
. What is more complicated with access to the registries that have authentication to maintain the rate limit
t
Can you also use this prefixing when running from the CLI and docker compose?
o
Yep
t
OK, maybe we should consider migrating in that case
o
Yep, my understanding is that WireMock doesn't qualify for the open source sponsorship program since it's not fully in a foundation. Immigrating to the container registry is quite easy actually, the tricky part is updating all the documentation
t
Yeah, I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t qualify by virtue of having a commercial offering