Hey folks, I’m trying to run WireMock in Docker w...
# general
d
Hey folks, I’m trying to run WireMock in Docker with the gRPC Extension, but I’m not having any luck. I followed the docs for running WireMock with extensions in Docker by doing the following: 1. Downloading the latest JAR of the extension and moving it to the
./extensions/
directory. 2. Running the following:
Copy code
docker run -it --rm \
  -p 8080:8080      \
  --name wiremock   \
  -v "${PWD}/extensions:/var/wiremock/extensions" \
  wiremock/wiremock:3.3.1                         \
  --extensions "org.wiremock.grpc.GrpcExtensionFactory"
However, this results in the error:
Copy code
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.wiremock.grpc.GrpcExtensionFactory cannot be cast to class com.github.tomakehurst.wiremock.extension.Extension (org.wiremock.grpc.GrpcExtensionFactory and com.github.tomakehurst.wiremock.extension.Extension are in unnamed module of loader 'app')
Inspecting the `GrpcExtensionFactory` class, I see that it doesn’t extend
Extension
, but instead extends
ExtensionFactory
and creates
Extension
instances. Here’s where I hit a wall though, because I can’t find any documentation that explains how to run WireMock with `ExtensionFactory`s. Can someone shed some light for me?
t
Hi Dan, the gRPC extension uses the new classpath scanning capability so you need to make sure that a) the gRPC JAR is on the classpath, and b) don’t set the
--extensions
parameter at all as this will attempt to double load the extension.
You should be able to copy what’s in here: https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock-grpc-demos/tree/main/docker