Nexus support was not that helpful <@U05DGS1P686>....
# wiremock-java
o
Nexus support was not that helpful @Dirk Bolte. Would you be fine if I tinker with the releases from my local machine? At least I will be able to confirm the root cause because the CI logs seem to be empty
👍 1
I am starting tinkering with it @Dirk Bolte @Tom. There should be no collision with the core release, but just in case
👍 1
So the local deployment with the same credentials works well. I guess gradle/gradle-build-action is a root cause, switching to just the CLI call
d
I'm wondering what the actual issue is in the end
o
For more on this, please refer to https://docs.gradle.org/8.2.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings in the Gradle documentation. 10 actionable tasks: 10 executed * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':initializeSonatypeStagingRepository'.
Failed to load staging profiles, server at https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/ responded with status code 401, body:
💀
I guess I know the reason, and I am an idiot
Copy code
JAVA_HOME: /opt/hostedtoolcache/Java_Adopt_jdk/11.0.21-9/x64
    JAVA_HOME_11_X64: /opt/hostedtoolcache/Java_Adopt_jdk/11.0.21-9/x64
    GITHUB_TOKEN: ***
    OSSRH_USERNAME: ***

OSSRH_TOKEN: ***
    OSSRH_GPG_SECRET_KEY: ***
    OSSRH_GPG_SECRET_KEY_PASSWORD: ***
I guess there is a line break in the user name
d
oh
o
Yes, it was the line break
Now we just need to add sources and javadoc JARs to the standalone build
d
verrry nice - thanks for taking case of this.
o
Given the renaming of the artifact, I suggest publishing 0.4.0 or 1.0.0 @Dirk Bolte
d
would make it a 0.4.0 . For a 1.0.0 I want to get more traction to see whether the API is stable enough
o
agreed
Yey. One bug in Gradle, two bugs in Nexus GitHub Action, password with a line break.... but now the releases work! Next step is creating a convention plugin, because no way Gradle builds in such state can be suggested to newcomer extension developers
🎉 2
d
You are my hero
❤️ 1
o
Now we need to generalize it, because this level of effort to get a release is pure instantly. Missing Maven parent POMs