Hi Everyone, Can I use wiremock in production with...
# general
m
Hi Everyone, Can I use wiremock in production with android app??
n
Could you please clarify what you mean by “use in production”? Generally wiremock is being used as a testing tool to replace real backend or third-party with mock to make tests more determined, but in production should be used real backed.
m
I am working on a testing application where I need to intercept network calls to present them as logs and mock some of the API.
a
The answer is yes, but one major caveat is that a lot of the WireMock 2.x dependencies end up conflicting with a lot of the common modern Android dependencies, and the resolution can be a nightmare. It’s important to remember that the current solution for Android x WireMock was more of a “l_ook what you can do_” vs a “_look what WireMock was specifically designed to do.”_ Overall, for automated testing with Android projects, I tend to use Android-specific tools for the tests, but maintain a separate WIreMock suite for manual testing/development purposes (and set the files I use with the Android-specific tool source set to the WireMock
/__files
folder.) My hope 🤞🏼 is that in WireMock 3.x or 4.x, there’s Android-specific support.
https://handstandsam.com/2016/01/30/running-wiremock-on-android/ AFAIK, here’s still the golden guide for Android and WireMock
m
Thanks Aaron