Please is this running ….? if the server is up whe...
# wiremock-java
e
Please is this running ….? if the server is up where do i put commands for my tests ?asking because the command prompt isn’t available to type .
t
It looks like it’s running. You can confirm this by opening another SSH session to the same VM and doing
curl <http://localhost:8080/__admin/mappings>
If you’re looking to run WireMock on a public cloud address, have you looked at WireMock Cloud (https://wiremock.io)? This would save you having to figure out this setup and give you a full UI to work with.
e
The team wants it on AWS.
t
That’s where WireMock Cloud is hosted, if that’s any help
e
oh ok.. will take a look at it now. thanks
👍 1
but before that, isn’t there anyway i could use what i have already?
The link above wants me to create an account which i think would not work for my team since i am using the exiting wiremock server too
t
Sure, it’s definitely possible. It sounds like there’s some more infra setup you’d need to do, and then longer term you’d need a process + automation for managing your API mocks.
e
oh ok
t
Not everyone will need an account - your mock APIs can be open to the internet in the same way as your EC2 hosted ones would be.
With the added bonus that they get HTTPS with proper certificates and nice DNS names.
e
oh ok…will need to take it back to the team to decide what they actually would prefer
t
Hopefully they’ll like it if there’s a readily accessible mock API on a public address.
Happy to give a quick demo to you + team if that would help clarify how this all works?
o
Hi @Ejiroghene Ineneji any chance that your previous instance was set up by Sam Gleske?
e
No @Oleg Nenashev.
o
Okay, it was worth asking
e
I don’t think i ever interacted with him either
👍 1
o
My recommendation is WireMock Cloud too. Since you target load testing, there will be quite a lot of things to set up in AWS, especially if a single instance of WireMock is not fast enough to serve your workload. So you may end up with a big cluster and high ingress/egress. It is an endeavor that requires quite a lot of domain knowledge to make a self-managed instance cheaper than SaaS, working time included