Any idea when a new version with the latest on mas...
# wiremock-python
m
Any idea when a new version with the latest on master (that is, the switch to dropping setuptools) will be published in pypi?
o
I guess we could do it soon to verify the release flow. CC @mike waites
m
We absolutely could do that. My initial plan was make the next release live after testcontainer support landed, but we can do a point release before that if it helps @Marcelo Da Cruz @Marcelo Da Cruz have you tested what’s on master out of interest?
o
It would not hurt to release earlier. IMHO general facelift release is always useful after 2+ YEARS
🙌 1
m
agreed it was more the opportunity to make sure the changes were good I was going for by waiting. But if we can have some help verifying that then let’s get it out 👍
m
@mike waites I’ll try to validate locally and report back
m
Super appreciated 👌
m
can confirm that, for our use cases, the stuff in
master
seems to be working just fine. I tested by referencing the Git URL directly from our pyproject, like so:
poetry add git+<https://github.com/wiremock/python-wiremock>
🙌 1
I can also confirm that the resulting
poetry.lock
file does not contain the reference to
setuptools
after this change (the indirect dependency was there for wiremock 2.3.1)
o
Nice! Indeed, would be great to have a release then
👍 1
m
yes, a release would be welcome!
m
Thanks so much for testing that @Marcelo Da Cruz
will work on getting a release out this weekend
@Marcelo Da Cruz hey thanks for being patient. This weekend I focussed on getting all the release automation sorted for the code base which is now working. Just to ensure this is all working we have opted to do an -alpha release https://pypi.org/project/wiremock/2.4.0a0/ it would be awesome if you could try pinning to this version and testing it. if all is well then i will ship a proper 2.4.0 release tomorrow.
🙌 1
o
Smoke test - passed I will try to play more with it this afternoon
@mike waites what is the deadline for documentation patches before the release?
m
@Oleg Nenashev no deadline my side. If there are some small doc tweaks we need to make them just put a ticket together and we can get them sorted. I assume you mean that and not the broader refactoring of the docs?
o
Yep, just cleanup
m
cool. just let me know what i’ve missed and i’ll get that sorted. Then we can shipit
o
m
merged your branch oleg
🙌 1